Q&A: Paul Betteridge, Managing Director at TCO
The technology provider has big plans for the Middle East
TCO, provider of well completion technologies to the global oil and gas industry, has confirmed a continuation of strong sales results, leading to the expansion of its Aberdeen workforce by a third.
Within the past six months, the company has employed eight new personnel for its UK base, namely three engineers, a production scheduler, QHSE manager, administrative assistant and trainee produce, assembly and test technician as well as a new MD, Paul Betteridge.
Betteridge sat down with Arabianoilandgas.com to discuss the company's plans for the Middle East.
1. Tell us more about TCO.
Founded in 1998 we are a relatively young company but in this time, we have skilfully expanded year on year out of Norway and into the UK and beyond. We’ve made our mark on the industry to become a leading provider of well completion technologies.
2. What are your plans for this region?
The Middle East is a new and exciting region for TCO and we accept that to establish yourself, you must first build credibility in the region. We are positive that by delivering unique business value-added products and services to our current client portfolio we can offer something our competitors can’t.
3. What sets TCO apart from other technology firms?
We are fortunate that our products, particularly our chemical injection product line, is recognised by operators and clients around the world as the best in the industry. It has features and functionalities that make it unique.
4. How has the oil price slump affected you?
Whilst the downturn, particularly in Aberdeen, has been significant in the industry, TCO is still forecasting growth this year. In the last three months we have recruited additional people across all disciplines, but we are aware that there may be challenging times ahead - we’ve forecast for this and will monitor our business accordingly.
1. We plan to move, in a very controlled, considered and structured way into new areas where we can provide our products and services.
2. Our growth may take a little longer but we believe, that by taking time to ensure we do it correctly, we add value to our clients because they see the way we work which results in the optimum service we offer and reflects our products.
3. Gain clients’ recognition in international markets - we are in the process of structuring the company to best support this growth and development globally.
4. Our client portfolio ranges from multinational companies right the way through to the small, independent operators and we want to continue to provide the best service across the board.