Awards 2017 nomination deadline extended till July 31st
In light of the several requests that the Awards 2017 campaign team have received from a number of energy stakeholders already, we are happy to announce an extension of the deadline to submit nominations till July 31st
Much like the previous editions, stakeholders across the regional energy industry have responded to the 8th Oil & Gas and Refining & Petrochemicals Middle East Awards 2017 with encouraging enthusiasm.
Nominations for the dozen categories this year started trickling in ever since we opened the gates in May this year, and started pouring in with every passing week. We have received a healthy number of entries for each of the categories – a sign of the desire among the energy sector players to be recognised for their stellar work.
In light of the several requests that the Awards 2017 campaign team have received from a number of upstream and downstream entities already, asking for more time to put together entries and be considered for their performance, we are happy to announce an extension of the deadline to submit nominations till July 31st.
We recognise the fact that companies and individuals in the regional oil and gas and refining and petrochemicals sectors are having to deal with numerous tasks and commitments each day, leaving them with little time to spare for engagement with social initiatives beyond their professional arena, as the Awards.
Hence the decision to extend the nomination deadline has been consciously taken by the campaign team to expand the reach of the Awards, and in a bid to involve an increased number of stakeholders this year. The very purpose of the Awards is to shine the spotlight on the laudable work happening in every nook and corner of the upstream, midstream and downstream segments, so it is only fair on our part to bring in more players into the fold and accommodate their requests.
We are waiting for your nominations to come through, so hurry up and send in your entries soon before the extended deadline ends. Before nominating we would advise you to take a close look at the dozen categories this year, understand what we are looking to acknowledge in each of those categories and then carefully choose the categories/ies that you wish to nominate for.
(article continues on next page…)
It is also worth taking a look at the Awards promotional stories that we have been publishing in both the magazines since the May issue and on arabianoilandgas.com. We have also been promoting the Awards through posts on our social media channels on Facebook and Twitter, so do have a look.
We had laid out and explained the Awards nomination process back in May, but for convenience sake will be glad to repeat mentioning the procedure for those of you who are yet to nominate.
To nominate for this year’s awards, please visit www.arabianoilandgas.com/oil-gas-awards and follow these simple steps:
1. All nominations must be submitted online at https://events.itp.com/login/collectEvent/213 through the new nomination system. Nominations sent via e-mail or in any other format will not be considered.
2. When visiting the website, the visitor first needs to create a personal user account. The new nomination system allows the visitor to access his / her account at any time, and edit or update the submissions until the nomination deadline.
3. For each submission, the applicant must fill out a questionnaire that will help the judges decide why the nominated person /company / project deserves to win.
4. The new system allows the visitor to upload a single PDF file with supporting images and documents, not larger than 10MB in size. Nominations with photos create a greater impact than entries with just the document; so, please make it a point to submit images.
5. When all the nominations have been received, the O&GME and R&PME Awards 2017 team will compile a shortlist of six to ten entries in each category, which will be presented to an independent panel of judges. The panel of judges will evaluate the shortlisted persons / companies / projects according to the guidelines, selecting its final winners. The decision of the panel of judges will be final.