RasGas says ExxonMobil JV to start within weeks

Train 6 undergoing successful commissioning says spokesman

Other stories: 10 events in oil's history that shook the world | Top 10 Gulf mega projects | Top 10 largest publicly traded oil companies | Top 10 National Oil Companies by production | World's 10 largest oilfield services companies | World's 10 largest oil and gas contractors

A senior official from the Qatar-based liquefied natural gas  (LNG) producer RasGas has said its joint venture with ExxonMobil in the Gulf state will come on stream within weeks.

News agency Reuters reported that a spokesman from RasGas said the facility, Train 6,  is undergoing commissioning and all tests are progressing as normal.

The production capacity of the new LNG train is 7.8 million tonnes per year (tpa).

Qatar Petroleum owns 70% of RasGas Train 6 with ExxonMobil owning the remaining 30%.

 

Newsletter

Most Popular

Digital Edition

Oil & Gas Middle East - September 2020

Subscribe Now