Global oil & gas industry deals total $9.68bn in January 2020
The value marked a decrease of 74.9% over the previous month and a drop of 74.3% when compared with the last 12-month average of $37.66bn
Total oil & gas industry deals for January 2020 worth $9.68bn were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
The value marked a decrease of 74.9% over the previous month and a drop of 74.3% when compared with the last 12-month average of $37.66bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 11.8% over the last 12-month average with 165 deals against the average of 187 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $5.3bn.
The top five oil & gas deals accounted for 56.2% of the overall value during January 2020.
The combined value of the top five oil & gas deals stood at $5.45bn, against the overall value of $9.68bn recorded for the month.
The top five oil & gas industry deals of January 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
- Illuminate Buyer’s $2.73bn acquisition of Lummus Technology
- The $954m asset transaction with Sinotrans & CSC Holdings by China Merchants Energy Shipping
- Anglo American’s $741.56m acquisition of Sirius Minerals
- The $625m asset transaction with BP by Premier Oil
- EnCap Flatrock Midstream’s private equity deal with Edgewater Midstream for $400m.